5 Ways to Make a Difference at Coalition for the Homeless
The Coalition is the largest provider of homeless services in Central Florida. Our mission is to transform the lives of homeless men, women and children by providing crucial services to end their crisis of homelessness. Your support is a big key to our ability to do so. Below are a few ways you can help advance our mission and make a difference in someone’s life.
1. Volunteer– We have something for everyone. Whether you help in our office, daycare or elsewhere in our facilities, we have a place for you.
2. Get to know our Art by Coalition Children (ABCs) Program. This is a unique program that pairs professional artists in the community with children living at the Coalition. The artwork is available for sale and proceeds help support the program.
3. Join us for a More Than a Meal Tour. You’ll get a light lunch and an informational tour of our main campus. You’ll get an inspiring, firsthand look at how the Coalition is helping homeless men, women and families with children return to a life of independence.
4. Groups who participate in this program are not only volunteering to serve the meal, but more importantly, are providing or underwriting the cost of the food itself. There are many opportunities to serve meals. For a list of available dates, email our Director of Volunteer Services, Marty Vevera, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Host a themed donation drive. We provide services to more than 600 homeless individuals on any given day, so we need items such as razors, deodorant, socks, and so much more. Visit cflhomeless.org to see a list of our immediate supply needs.
What’s your favorite way to get involved with the Coalition? Let us know!