25 ways to connect with Coalition for the Homeless
If you follow our Twitter page, you may have seen the 25 Best Ways to Connect with the Coalition countdown last week.
If you missed out or need a reminder, don’t worry. We’ve compiled the entire list for you below!
Check it out. There’s bound to be something here for you…
25. Follow us on Facebook. It’s as simple as that.
24. Host a themed donation drive. We provide services to more than 750 homeless individuals on any given day, so we need a lot of razors, diapers, cans of green beans, cleaning products, etc.
23. Share your story. We’d love to hear from you. If you support us, tell us why. If you don’t, tell us what to change.
22. Join us for More than a Meal. We’ll feed you a light lunch, show you around, and win your heart!
21. Use GoodSearch for your internet research. By entering Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida as your beneficiary, you will give 1 penny for every search you make.
20. Bring us your used books. The Coalition adults and kids love to read. An added bonus, bring some reading glasses for our elder clients!
19. Our Meal Serve program is pretty unique. We feed about 1,000 meals every day, but we need YOU!
18. Shop ‘til you drop! We have NO budget for basic essentials like hygiene and baby items. Keep our immediate needs list handy and become our personal shopper.
17. Our Journey Home Breakfast is on November 13, 2012. Save the date!
16. Blog with us. We have a lot to say, and we know you do too! We’re happy to share your blog entries, so read up and write on.
15. Party on! Our kids deserve birthday parties and our adult graduates deserve to celebrate, but we need sponsors for these parties.
14. Watch this video!
13. Get on our events bandwagon! Between the Hearts of Gold concert, Golf Challenge, and Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation, there’s plenty to do.
12. Need a little office team building? You can do that by volunteering with your group!
11. Sign up for our emails. We promise no spam, just good stories and ways for you to help.
10. Don’t forget our guys. More than 250 homeless men stay in our Men’s Pavilion. These guys love bingo, cards, and the Super Bowl. What could you do for them?
9. Remember us during the holidays! Our residents always need some holiday cheer – treats, gifts, and decorations.
8. Come to Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation for the best food you’ll ever have. The event benefits Coalition for the Homeless and Second Harvest Food Bank!
7. Get to know our ABCs program and help connect professional artists with homeless kids!
6. Become a corporate partner. There are many ways to do this, so email us to get started.
5. Volunteer on a regular basis. Whether you help in our office, daycare, or facilities, we have a place for you.
4. Take us on a trip! Homeless kids are no different than any other – they want to go to the movies, the parks, and the mall. You can help!
3. Watch this video. Share this video. Think about this video.
2. Read our latest newsletter.
1. Join our Journey Home Campaign, the biggest campaign in our 25 year history!
Is our list missing anything? What’s your favorite way to get involved with the Coalition? Let us know!