BIG happenings at Coalition for the Homeless
If you haven’t heard, we just launched our Journey Home Campaign. This three year, $12 million major gifts and endowment initiative is the largest fundraising endeavor we’ve ever undertaken!
With the community’s support, the Journey Home Campaign will ensure the strength and viability of the Coalition for years to come.
“It’s no secret our current economic downturn continues to take its toll on our most vulnerable neighbors,” Brent Trotter, our President/CEO, said. “You may have seen the 60 Minutes follow-up to homelessness in Central Florida. We see that every day.”
In fact, we’ve seen a 24% increase in homeless families since last year!
The need for services to help restore self-worth and empower financial stability exists more than ever. We’re fortunate to have a $6 million head start through Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding from Orange County and the City of Orlando. Now your investment could not be more crucial.
There are lots of ways to help steer the course of Central Florida’s homeless individuals as they embark on their Journey Home. Here are a few:
- More than a Meal –Receive a first-hand look at how the Coalition provides more than a meal to over 750 men, women, and children every night.
- Table Captain – Get your friends involved by bringing a table of guests to the Journey Home Breakfast on November 13th.
- Commit– Commit to the cause. Make a life-changing investment through:
- The Journey Home Giving Society: Pledge $1,000, $10,000 or $25,000 over five years to support the Coalition’s unrestricted operating needs.
- Women in Philanthropy: You will be recognized as a member of this charter group of 100 women with a pledge of $5,000 made over three to five years.
- Legacy Society: By providing a provision in your will or estate plan to benefit the Coalition, you will be honored as a member of this society.
- Men’s Service Center (MSC) Initiative: Your gift of $5,000 or more will be recognized in the Giving Society and on a donor recognition wall in the Men’s Service Center. Gifts of $10,000 may select additional commemorative naming rights in the new facility.
- Endowment Funding: A contribution to our endowment allows you to leave a long-term legacy by investing in our community indefinitely. These gifts build our capacity and contribute to our sustainability.
We are so excited about this campaign and hope you are too! Please email our Development Department or call 407.426.1256 with any questions you may have.