Exciting news: help us double it!
Coalition for the Homeless is so excited and grateful! We received $30,000 from First Baptist Church of Orlando’s Love Orlando initiative, which they’ve asked us to match. As you’d expect, our Match Gift Campaign is off and running to do this by October 15, 2011 and raise a total of $60,000 to impact the lives of homeless men, women and families with children at the Coalition. Most of our clients thought homelessness would never happen to them….but it did!
We try not to ask too much in our blog posts, but this one is different. We need the help of our readers and supporters! If 120 donors give $250 each, we will reach our $30,000 goal in six weeks, doubling your gift! We’re already on our way with two anonymous match donations totaling $7,500!
All amounts are appreciated, however, and we thought you might like to know WHY your donations are so critical:
- Each day, we provide food, one-on-one support, and a safe place to sleep for more than 700 people.
- Over 220 children and their families have a place to call home every night because of the Coalition.
- Close to 250 men and women found the road to recovery from addictions last year through our substance abuse recovery programs, and
- Hundreds of others have climbed back to independence over the years thanks to our job skills training, educational opportunities, and life skills guidance.
We also thought you’d like to know exactly HOW donations help transform the lives of our clients:
- $100 – Provides a night of food, shelter and crucial services for six homeless men, women or children.
- $250 – Provides almost three weeks of fully-licensed daycare for a homeless child.
- $500 – Provides 29 hours of one-on-one supportive services for a homeless adult or family.
- $1,000 – Provides hope for the future for families at the Coalition.
Please help us match First Baptist’s generous donation by October 15, 2011. Click here to donate. Be sure to select Match Gift Campaign in the “giving in response to” box.