We love our volunteers!
Did you know that April 10 – 16 is National Volunteer Appreciation Week?
Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida cannot thank our amazing volunteers enough. Last year, over 17,000 volunteers donated their time and talents to the Coalition. That amounted to nearly 72,000 hours and 342 group projects!
Are you interested in volunteering to help the homeless men, women and children in Central Florida?
There are plenty of opportunities to get involved! Whether you are an individual or part of a group, we are certain that you will find an activity that fits your niche.
Here are some examples of how YOU can help the Coalition:
- Meal Service – Groups can sign up to provide and serve meals to our clients – for a one-time date or a recurring schedule. Serving locations include our Men’s Pavilion, Center for Women and Families or the Women’s Residential and Counseling Center.
- Working with Children – Individuals or groups can assist in the Coalition’s Child Development Services or host an arts and crafts, board game, movie night, or themed activity.
- Donation Sorters – Individuals or groups can help sort an organize donations. This need is even greater during the holidays.
- Facilities Maintenance Projects – Perfect for groups! We are always open to opportunities to enhance our facilities and grounds. Typically, the group provides the supplies for the project.
- Administrative Assistance – Ideal for individuals who prefer office operations. We are always looking for organized people to help with filing and data entry. This opportunity is available Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Professional Services – Do you have a talent or skill that could benefit the Coalition? Some examples are: carpenters, artists, electricians, musicians, plumbers, and so much more!
- Supply Drives – This is a great option for work teams, classrooms, religious groups, civic organizations or individuals to help the Coalition. With an average of over 700 residents, we are always in need of various supplies and items. You can check our Immediate Needs list for ideas.
- Group Activity Coordinators – Only available on nights and weekends? This choice is great for an individual, couple or family who is extremely reliable and wants to help in a hands-on way. The coordinator(s) serve as a liaison to groups who come in to the Coalition to hold an activity for our clients. They will greet the group, help them set up their activity, encourage clients to participate, monitor the activity, lend a hand, and help clean up.
Have an idea that isn’t on the list? Feel free to get creative! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and share your suggestion or find out how you can participate in one of these opportunities.