Taste of the Nation – have fun and fight childhood hunger
Want to spend a great evening while helping to feed hungry kids right here in Central Florida? Have we got something for you!
Share our Strength’s 21st Annual Taste of the Nation Orlando is a fabulous foodie event on Saturday, June 5th that features delicious specialties from 34 restaurants; wine, coffee and beer; a super silent auction; a prize drawing, live music and much more! (We can’t give away everything we have planned!) The event takes place at the Orlando World Center Marriott, which is generously offering Taste of the Nation guests a discounted rate for rooms on the night of June 5th. Click here to take advantage of this great deal. The code will show up automatically on the page.
To satisfy the different “tastes” among us, there’s even a choice of ticket types for the evening, available on the website (click here) or at the door:
VIP Tickets: 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm, $150 each
Includes reserved priority seating, an exclusive champagne toast, early entry, goody bag, and all the fabulous benefits below! Blue Martini is serving their special drink.
General Admission: 6:45 pm – 10:00 pm, $100 each
Access to the exquisite appetizers, entrees and desserts from 34 of Central Florida’s leading restaurants and chefs; along with wine, coffee and beer.
This premier culinary event is organized by a volunteer committee, which has worked long and hard to bring it together. Every dollar raised fights childhood hunger; and the evening locally benefits Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida and Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida. Both of our nonprofit organizations are extremely grateful for this support and want you to know a few facts that might surprise you:
- 17 million children in America are unsure about their next meal. That’s one in four children!
- Over 637,000 kids in Florida are hungry.
- The Coalition provided nearly 300,000 meals to homeless individuals last year, including almost 200 children each night with an average age of 6 years old.
- $10 provides week of nutritious breakfasts and dinners for six homeless children at the Coalition.
- For every $1 donated to Second Harvest, up to $9 worth of grocery product is provided.
- Last year, Second Harvest distributed more than 21 million pounds of grocery product, the equivalent of more than 14 million meals.
In addition to sharing some of the factoids that make this event so important, we want to tempt your palate so you’re sure to join us for the evening. Here’s a small preview of the food you can expect:
- Chef-carved Rosemary and Dijon Crusted Roasted Pork Loin Served with a Wild Mushroom and Sun-Dried Tomato Pearl Barley Risotto
- Chef Jean-Louis’ Bananas Foster
- Greek Tuna Tataki in Lettuce Gyros with Sumac, Onions and Avocado Tzatziki
- Roasted Beet Brownies with Gorgonzola, Spicy Cashews & Vanilla Honey
And we want to entice you to visit our silent auction tables, with unique items such as:
- New York Yankees 27 World Championships ticket replicas
- Tickets to the Rachael Ray taping in New York plus plane ticket
- A trip Chicago: flight, hotel, and dining included
- Chef’s tables from Taste of the Nation participating restaurants
- Many more!
As we said up front, you’re sure to have a great time while you’re helping us fight childhood hunger right here in Central Florida! Click here for tickets and more information, including our super sponsors.
If you are on 4square, check into here the night of the event: