Can you meet a need?
The Coalition depends on donations for a significant part of our operating expenses, including cleaning supplies, dinnerware and even lawn maintenance equipment. And right now, we need those donations more than ever. We are asking you to help meet some of our needs so that we can focus on serving our clients. Please consider doing so by donating some of the items listed below – even better, get your family, friends and co-workers involved in the experience!
The items listed below may seem trivial to some, but think about what is accomplished through them…
…a blanket will offer the comfort of home to a woman who doesn’t have one
…Shampoo and a razor will remind a man how nice he can look and how much he is worth
…Baby formula will give a young mom the chance to provide her baby with a healthy start
With our clients in mind, please take a look at the list below and ask yourself, “What need can I meet today?”
• Cleaning supplies (laundry detergent, large and small garbage bags, bleach, brooms, dustpans, toilet brushes, disinfectant spray, spray bottles, glass cleaner, paper towels, and large latex gloves)
• Personal hygiene supplies (bar soaps, deodorant, razors, and feminine hygiene products.
• Medicines: adult fever and pain reducers; cold and sinus medications; children’s and infants’ fever and pain reducers; anti-itch cream)
• First aid supplies
• New underwear (men, women and children; also new bras DD and above)
• New shoes (especially sneakers for men, women and children)
• Baby wipes
• Good Start baby formula (this brand only per state requirements)
• Towels and washcloths (new or gently used and clean)
• Twin size sheets (new or gently used and clean)
• Under-the-bed storage containers (Size 66Qt – 39” x 20” x 7”)
• Blankets (new or gently used and clean)
• Pillows (standard and body pillows for day care)
• General office supplies (pens, tape, printer paper, file cabinet, etc.)
• Vacuum cleaners
• Residential lawn mower
• Commercial weed whacker
• Gift cards to Lowe’s and Home Depot (for facilities and maintenance supplies)
• Gift cards for office supplies (e.g. Office Max, Office Depot, Staples)
• Gift cards to Target, Wal-Mart and Publix (for emergency items)
Special Kitchen Needs
• #10 cans of vegetables (corn, carrots, green beans, potatoes, and tomatoes)
• Sugar, coffee and spices in big containers
• Individual-sized packets of condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper)
• Paper plates, napkins, paper towels, and cups (8-10 oz)
• Mugs and gently used silverware
• 4” steam table pans
• Aluminum foil and plastic wrap
• Hand & dish towels, pot holders
• Dish soap
• Large aprons
For more information on donating to the Coalition and for directions, click here.
When dropping off your donation, feel free to call ahead to (407) 426-1256 and arrange a tour. We’d love to show you around and are positive that once you are here you will understand why we do what we do!
Make a difference by donating today – investing in the lives of your neighbors in need is something you won’t regret.